Tuesday, January 22, 2013




Flip Flap Floodle

jpg Flip cover color  1


This is a tale about Flip; a little yellow fellow who has a musical talent and a never ending energy that keeps him believing in himself.  While a devious act is committed against Flip, in spite of his demise, he never loses hope. 

His Mother, who fears for his safety, gives the villain a well deserved thrashing.  But, the real empowerment of the story is Flip, who never loses faith in his special talent, or in himself. 


This cute, quirky, and a little bit scary story, has some nurturing life lessons for children.  It shows friendship, faith, love and entertainment among its pages.  I give Flip Flap Floodle, written and illustrated by Joan Y. Edwards, 5 ***** stars for bright engaging illustrations, and content that is sure to amuse young children. 

 This book has been reviewed by Susan Hornbach, author of children’s literature



Purchase This Book

Flip Flap Floodle, the happy little duck who Never Gives Up
Blog: http://www.joanyedwards.wordpress.com/

13 comments:

  1. Dear Susan,
    Thank you very much for your rave review of Flip Flap Floodle. I am honored. I enjoy reading your blog. Do something fun to celebrate you and your gift of writing.

    Never Give Up
    Joan Y. Edwards

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome Joan. I did just celebrate my birthday this week.

      Delete
  2. Hi Susan, Sounds like a cute books. I like books that empower kids to use their talents and gifts -- and to never give up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Penelope,
    Thanks for saying that Flip Flap Floodle sounds like a cute book. I started telling this story when I was five years old. May you always have the help you need.

    Celebrate you and the wisdom you give children in the books you read to them.

    Never Give Up
    Joan Y. Edwards

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I re posted the picture Joan. i don't know what happened, but it just disappeared all of a sudden. I think the blog is haunted, maybe? lol

      Delete
    2. Dear Susan,
      Thanks for re-posting the picture of Flip Flap Floodle's cover. It is being elusive. Should I send you another photo image?

      I added a link to your blog review of Flip on my "About" page on my blog so that readers can check it out. Thanks again for posting the review for me.

      Celebrate you and your gift of writing.
      Never Give Up
      Joan Y. Edwards

      Delete
  4. Sounds like a cute book. Thanks for sharing about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Susanne, So good of you to leave a comment.

      Delete
    2. Dear Susanne,
      Thank you for saying that Flip Flap Floodle sounds like a cute book. I appreciate your stopping by and reading Susan Horbach's review.

      Celebrate you.
      Never Give Up
      Joan Y. Edwards

      Delete
  5. It sounds cute, and I love the name! Thanks for the review, Sue.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Connie, thanks for stopping by and lending your support.

    ReplyDelete